Bianca always wanted to be a writer - to craft fantastic stories or to be a professor at an Ivy League university. But since life decided that wasn't the path she should take, she yelled "PLOT TWIST" and became a communication professional, having the chance to work with challenging projects. She enjoys it, nonetheless, but still believes there is a huge need for dragons.
We are tapptitude – a fast-growing Mobile Development Agency looking for a smart and passionate Product Manager to join our team. The job is based in Cluj-Napoca and the successful candidate will join the growth division of the agency.
These are the requirements we need you to fulfill:
- Minimum 2 years of Product Manager or Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in English
What would really boost your chances:
- A certification in the field of Product Management
- Exposure to large scale projects with interdependencies
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage the products we develop for our clients or for ourselves
- Fully manage the development team’s backlog – we’re talking specification, clarification, prioritization and traceability of the backlog items
- Develop and adapt the product vision
- Provide and discuss every available business-side and customer-side aspect of the product with the development team, in order to make informed decisions together
- Ensure alignment for both team and product backlog
- Work with user stories: write new ones or split existing ones if and when necessary
- Specify acceptance criteria for each user story and write acceptance tests
- Prioritize customer requirements and user stories based on business value
- Ensure efficient communication with the engineering team to determine scope
- Make use of customer feedback in planning and prioritising product features
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders at different levels inside the agency and on the client side, and raise awareness about risks and dependencies when necessary
- Plan the releases of the product based on business priorities
- Keep yourself updated about the product’s industry, the market, the customers, and end users of the product
WHO YOU ARE
The ideal candidate would be someone ready to give it 100%, be it a mobile product they’re working on or a team building weekend. We don’t do micromanaging or bossing people around and we’re a rather flat organisation (no ranks, no bosses). We do however rely on constructive feedback and people with an open mind.
We’re looking for someone who understands product and has a feel for business, and is willing to actively engage with the development team in order to build the best product possible.
WHO WE ARE
This is us – a small and dynamic company and we can’t wait to meet you!
We are a 50+ people tech team. Our offices are located in Cluj-Napoca and London, and for the past 5 years we doubled our team and business every year. And we know how to do one thing really really well: build native mobile apps on iOS and Android, from one end to the other.
Our main clients and partners are funded startups and international brands from the United States and Europe. There’s one thing they all had in common, regardless of the business they were in: they wanted to innovate using mobile technologies. In Romania, we built some of the best mobiles apps out there for strong brands like Trilulilu, Zonga and Imobiliare.
Great tech professionals, but cool people nonetheless. National math and physics Olympians. Cyclists and gamers. Guitar players. Eco-friendly people. People-friendly people. That’s who we are in a nutshell. We are all passionate about what we do and are always looking to boost our skills and do better.
Besides making dozens of clients happy, we’ve been regular participants in local marathons and international hackathons, where we won a few prizes (1 prize at SXSW and 2 at Cluj City Apps Hackathon).
Here’s what to expect: a great team to work with, a cozy, modern office, innovative projects and a competitive salary to make it worth your while.
Benefits make the world go round at tapptitude: premium medical care package, paid public transportation, monthly gym subscription, and the list goes on. You’ll just have to find out the rest for yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re making it really easy for you. Just tap the APPLY HERE button below – this will open up an email box addressed to us. All you have to do is:
- attach an updated CV in English
- tell us why you are applying for this job and why you think you’d be a good fit for tapptitude in the body of the email.
And that’s about it. We’ll get back to you in a bit.