Bianca always wanted to be a writer - to craft fantastic stories or to be a professor at an Ivy League university. But since life decided that wasn't the path she should take, she yelled "PLOT TWIST" and became a communication professional, having the chance to work with challenging projects. She enjoys it, nonetheless, but still believes there is a huge need for dragons.
We are tapptitude – a fast-growing Mobile App Development Agency looking for a QA Engineer to join our team. The job is based in Cluj-Napoca and the successful candidate will join the Quality Assurance division of the agency.
This job is for a smart, meticulous and self-driven QA Engineer with at least 3 years experience testing mobile apps and web-based applications. And these are the requirements they’d need to fulfill:
- Testing methodology knowledge
- Experience in API testing and web services
- Experience with bug reporting tools
- Basic understanding of software development lifecycle
- Capability to evaluate the importance and the impact of different bugs
- Ability to write relevant test cases that cover feature functionality
- Fluent in English
- Going about one’s tasks in a proactive and resourceful manner
What would really boost your chances:
- Manual testing capabilities
- Practical experience in testing frameworks and automation testing (written automation scripts, using automation concepts and platform)
- Comfortable working within Agile principles, especially Scrum methodologies
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related field
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write and execute test cases
- Perform functional, non-functional, regression & exploratory testing
- Document and report bugs following company guidelines
- Analyze functional, technical and UI requirements of the project
- Log defects and verify defect fixes
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure a smooth launch of new code updates or additions
- Elaborate application test cases, based on requirements in order to assure coverage for the functionality tests of the products
- Assist in the preparation of training material
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for someone eager to broaden their tech horizons by working on innovative mobile projects and constantly learning alongside a great team. There are no misters and misses around here. Just a bunch of young, fun people, looking to make the best out of the 40 hours a week we spend together at work. Whatever your passions are, we can’t wait to hear about them. It’s what team breakfasts are for, after all.
The ideal candidate would be someone ready to give it 100%, be it an app they’re building or a team building weekend. We don’t do micromanaging or bossing people around. We do however rely on constructive feedback and people with an open mind.
WHO WE ARE
This is us – a small and dynamic company and we can’t wait to meet you!
We are a 50+ people tech team. Our offices are located in Cluj-Napoca and London, and for the past 5 years, we doubled our team and business every year. And we know how to do one thing really really well: build native mobile apps on iOS and Android, from one end to the other.
Our main clients and partners are international brands and startups from the United States and Europe. There’s one thing they all had in common, regardless of the business they were in: they wanted to innovate using mobile technologies. In Romania, we built some of the best mobile apps out there for strong brands like Zonga, Imobiliare, and SmartDreamers.
Great tech professionals, but cool people nonetheless. National math and physics Olympians. Cyclists and gamers. Guitar players. Eco-friendly people. People-friendly people. That’s who we are in a nutshell. We are all passionate about what we do and are always looking to boost our skills and do better.
Besides making dozens of clients happy, we’ve been regular participants in local marathons and international hackathons, where we won a few prizes (1 prize at SXSW and 2 at Cluj City Apps Hackathon).
Here’s what to expect: a great team to work with, a cozy, modern office, innovative projects and a competitive salary to make it worth your while.
Benefits make the world go round at tapptitude: premium medical care package, paid public transportation, monthly gym subscription, and the list goes on. You’ll just have to find out the rest for yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re making it really easy for you. Just tap the APPLY HERE button below – this will open up an email box addressed to us. All you have to do is:
- attach an updated CV in English
- tell us why you are applying for this job and why you think you’d be a good fit for tapptitude in the body of the email.
If, for some reason, the button won’t work like it’s supposed to, just send us an email with the info requested above at [email protected].
And that’s about it. We’ll get back to you in a bit.