We are Tapptitude – a Product Studio that partners with funded startups and established brands to build interactive, mobile-first products that people love to use. We are a team of over 100 product experts who work with our clients as Product Partners, supporting them proactively throughout the journey from idea to launching a product and scaling it up.
This job is for a smart, meticulous, and self-driven QA Engineer with at least 2 years of experience testing mobile apps and web-based applications. And these are the requirements they’d need to fulfill:
- A good understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with bug reporting tools
- Experience with documentation tools like Confluence
- Experience with Design tools
- Capability to evaluate the priority and severity of different bugs and tasks
- Capability to investigate the root cause of a bug using developer tools
- Knows how to isolate a fault
- Ability to write relevant test cases based on Acceptance Criteria
- Ability to prioritize test cases based on the project needs
- Ability to select testing techniques for each test level phase
- Ability to adapt to different tools and technologies
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Being assertive while communicating with the team
- Going about one’s tasks in a proactive and resourceful manner
- Outside-the-box thinking
- Good understanding of testing types
- Understanding and working with different test environments
- Can identify when test coverage is achieved
- Understand and can provide a testing effort overview
- Knows how to pace themselves in order to properly understand new projects
- Has the drive to learn existing technology features
What would really boost your chances:
- Experience in API testing and web services
- Comfortable working within Agile principles, especially Scrum methodologies
- University Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Basic database understanding
- Has worked with different developer tools specific to mobile like Xcode, Android Studio, and Charles Proxy
- Has previously worked with analytics tools and is able to review integrated events
- Is interested in staying up to date with new and upcoming technology
- Can create and present a certain tech topic to the whole team
- Can bring ideas on how documentation/ process can be improved
- Can write articles on specific tech topics
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Create a Test Plan document that contains objectives, schedule, estimations, deadlines, and the resources required for completing a particular project
- Create Test Cases based on Acceptance Criteria
- Create Test Cases for each test level phase
- Estimate test effort for different projects
- Perform Test Runs based on already created Test Cases
- Performs Integration, UI&UX, Compatibility, System, API and Regression types of testing
- Performs non-functional types of testing depending on the project needs
- Active learner at project-level discussions and participates actively in QA discussions
- Participates in team-level discussions and provides insightful information about the discussed topics
- Documents and report bugs following company guidelines
- Logs defects and verify defect fixes
- Work closely with the development teams to ensure a smooth launch of new code updates or additions
- Work closely with the development teams to find the root cause of different faults
- Work closely with the Product Manager and provides accurate estimations, and identify potential errors in the Acceptance Criteria as soon as possible
- Participate actively in Scrum ceremonies
- Participates actively and provides insightful information in QA meetings
WHO YOU ARE
We’re looking for someone eager to broaden their tech horizons by working on innovative mobile projects and constantly learning alongside a great team. There are no misters and misses around here. Just a bunch of young, fun people, looking to make the best out of the 40 hours a week we spend together at work. Whatever your passions are, we can’t wait to hear about them. It’s what team breakfasts are for, after all.
The ideal candidate would be someone ready to give it 100%, be it an app they’re building or a team-building weekend. We don’t do micromanaging or bossing people around. We do however rely on constructive feedback and people with an open mind.
WHO WE ARE
This is us – a growing and dynamic company, and we can’t wait to meet you!
We are a 100+ team of developers, designers, product managers, marketers and strategists. Our offices are located in Cluj-Napoca, London, Amsterdam and New York, and for the past nine years, we’ve doubled our team and business revenue every year. And we know how to do one thing really really well: build native mobile apps on iOS and Android, from one end to the other.
Our main clients and partners are funded startups and international brands from the United States and Europe. There’s one thing they all have in common, regardless of the business they were in: they wanted to build products that changed the way people have been doing things. We’re behind products like Minderful, Tap2Map, and Imobiliare.
We’re great tech professionals, but cool people nonetheless. National math and physics Olympians. Cyclists and gamers. Guitar players. Eco-friendly people. People-friendly people. That’s who we are in a nutshell. We are all passionate about what we do and are always looking to boost our skills and do better.
Here’s what to expect: a great team to work with, a cozy, modern office to work from or visit, innovative projects and a competitive salary to make it worth your while.
Benefits make the world go round at Tapptitude: premium medical care package, paid public transportation, monthly gym subscription, and the list goes on. You’ll just have to find out the rest for yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re making it really easy for you. Just tap the button below – this will open up an email box addressed to us. All you have to do is:
- attach an updated CV in English
- tell us why you are applying for this job and why you think you’d be a good fit for Tapptitude in the body of the email.
If, for some reason, the button won’t work like it’s supposed to, just send us an email with the info requested above at [email protected].
And that’s about it. We’ll get back to you in a bit.