Erika is a full-stack marketer passionate about the intersection between technology and social impact. She mixes research with content design and a human touch to help people and startups succeed in delivering value through their work. When not writing or talking to people, you’ll find her reading or quoting Hamilton for any life situation.
Besides a University Degree in Computer Science or a related field, and at least 2 years work experience in this domain, here are the requirements we need you to fulfill:
- Perfect understanding of web languages, including HTML5 / CSS3
- Experience with CSS pre-processing platforms such as SASS and/or LESS
- Comfortable working within Scrum / Agile / Lean methodologies
- Fluent in English
What would really boost your chances:
- Experience with node.js
- Good command of NoSQL database engines (MongoDB / Cassandra or others) or SQL (MySQL / Postgres / Microsoft SQL or others)
- Experienced in deploying the application on Heroku / AWS/ Azure / Google Cloud or others
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Participate in project estimates and new project setups
- Communicate with team members and clients on a daily basis in stand-ups and calls
- Optimize workflows and development tactics by implementing libraries/ templates and other assets
- Take responsibility for the efficiency and quality of the developed apps
- Keep up to date with new developments in the frameworks, technologies and operating systems
- Help train and coach junior developers in the team
- Perform code reviews for other team members
WHO YOU ARE
A nice guy or girl as passionate about coding as some people are about cheesecake (most of us are!). Maybe a bit more than that.
We’re looking for someone who wants to have an impact and work on innovative mobile projects, most of them from funded startups in the US, the UK and the rest of the world. And we’re looking for someone who wants to and can constantly learn on the job, evolving by solving tech challenges. Whatever your passions are, it would be nice to hear about them and maybe boost them. It’s what team breakfasts are for, after all.
To be part of our team, you need to be ready to give it 100%, be it an app you’re building or a team building weekend. We don’t do micromanaging or bossing people around and we’re a rather flat organization (no ranks, no bosses). We do however rely on constructive feedback and people with an open mind.
PS: You must be fluent in English. And whatever other languages you know, you’ll have to teach us how to spell “cheesecake”. Deal?
WHO WE ARE
This is us – a small and dynamic company and we can’t wait to meet you!
We are a 40 people tech team. Our offices are located in Cluj-Napoca and London, and for the last 4 years we doubled our team and business every year. And we know how to do one thing really really well: build native mobile apps on iOS and Android, from one end to the other.
Our main clients and partners are international brands and startups from the United States and Europe. There’s one thing they all had in common, regardless of the business they were in: they wanted to innovate using mobile technologies. In Romania, we built some of the best mobile apps out there for strong brands like Zonga, Imobiliare, and SmartDreamers.
Great tech professionals, but cool people nonetheless. National math and physics Olympians. Cyclists and gamers. Guitar players. Eco-friendly people. People-friendly people. That’s who we are in a nutshell. We are all passionate about what we do and are always looking to boost our skills and do better.
Besides making dozens of clients happy, we’ve been regular participants in local marathons and international hackathons, where we won a few prizes (1st place at SXSW and 2nd place at Cluj City Apps Hackathon).
Here’s what to expect: a great team to work with, a cozy, modern office, innovative projects and a competitive salary to make it worth your while.
Benefits make the world go round at tapptitude: premium medical care package, paid public transportation, monthly gym subscription, and the list goes on. You’ll just have to find out the rest for yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re making it really easy for you. Just tap the APPLY HERE button below – this will open up an email box addressed to us. All you have to do is:
- attach an updated CV in English
- tell us why you are applying for this job and why you think you’d be a good fit for tapptitude in the body of the email.
If, for some reason, the button won’t work like it’s supposed to, just send us an email with the info requested above at [email protected].
And that’s about it. We’ll get back to you in a bit.