Bianca always wanted to be a writer - to craft fantastic stories or to be a professor at an Ivy League university. But since life decided that wasn't the path she should take, she yelled "PLOT TWIST" and became a communication professional, having the chance to work with challenging projects. She enjoys it, nonetheless, but still believes there is a huge need for dragons.
We are tapptitude, a fast-growing Mobile Development Studio based in Cluj-Napoca and London, and we are looking for a smart and passionate React Native developer to join our team. The job is based in Cluj-Napoca and the successful candidate will join the frontend development division of the company.
Besides a University Degree in Computer Science or a related field and at least 2 years of work experience in this domain, here are the requirements we need you to fulfill:
- In-depth knowledge of React Native
- Experience with Redux
- Good understanding of REST APIs for deep integrations
- Knowing frameworks/libraries such as React, Angular, Vue, jQuery or Bootstrap
- Experienced with store releases: App Store / Google Play
- Experienced with Git, including an understanding of branching and merging workflows
- Working knowledge of agile software development life-cycle
- Fluent in English
What would really boost your chances:
- Previous experience building mobile applications for Android and iOS
- Previous experience in working with third-party dependencies and debugging dependency conflicts
- Familiarity with native build tools, like XCode, Gradle, Android Studio, IntelliJ
- Experience with Node JS or other backend languages
- Knowledge of NoSQL database engines (MongoDB / Cassandra or others) or SQL (MySQL / Postgres / Microsoft SQL or others)
- Decide the architecture of new React-Native apps
- Develop new user-facing features using React Native
- Development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of mobile applications and web services to support the information needs of the company’s business lines
- Deploy for testing and production and make sure everything is running ok
- Participate in project estimates and new project setups
- Communicate with team members and clients on a daily basis in stand-ups and calls
- Optimize workflows and development tactics by implementing libraries/templates and other assets
- Take responsibility for the efficiency and quality of the code
- Keep up to date with new developments in the frameworks, technologies and operating systems
- Help train and coach junior developers in the team
- Perform code reviews for other team members
WHO YOU ARE
A nice human as passionate about coding as some people are about cheesecake. Maybe a bit more than that.
We’re looking for someone eager to broaden their tech horizons by working on innovative mobile projects and constantly learning alongside a great team. There are no misters and misses around here. Just a bunch of young, fun people, looking to make the best out of the 40 hours a week we spend together at work. Whatever your passions are, we can’t wait to hear about them. It’s what team breakfasts are for, after all.
On a final note, the ideal candidate would be someone ready to give it 100%, be it an app they’re building or a team building weekend. We don’t do micromanaging or bossing people around. We do however rely on constructive feedback and people with an open mind.
WHO WE ARE
This is us – a small and dynamic company and we can’t wait to meet you!
We are a 50+ people tech team. Our offices are located in Cluj-Napoca and London, and for the past 5 years, we doubled our team and business every year. And we know how to do one thing really really well: build mobile apps for iOS and Android, from one end to the other.
Our main clients and partners are funded startups and international brands from the United States and Europe. There’s one thing they all had in common, regardless of the business they were in: they wanted to innovate using mobile technologies. In Romania, we built some of the best mobiles apps out there for strong brands like Trilulilu, Zonga, and Imobiliare.
Great tech professionals, but cool people nonetheless. National math and physics Olympians. Cyclists and gamers. Guitar players. Eco-friendly people. People-friendly people. That’s who we are in a nutshell. We are all passionate about what we do and are always looking to boost our skills and do better.
Besides making dozens of clients happy, we’ve been regular participants in local marathons and international hackathons, where we won a few prizes (1 prize at SXSW and 2 at Cluj City Apps Hackathon).
Here’s what to expect: a great team to work with, a cozy, modern office, innovative projects, and a competitive salary to make it worth your while.
Benefits make the world go round at Tapptitude: premium medical care package, paid public transportation, monthly gym subscription, and the list goes on. You’ll just have to find out the rest for yourself.
HOW TO APPLY
We’re making it really easy for you. Just tap the APPLY HERE button below – this will open up an email box addressed to us. All you have to do is:
- attach an updated CV in English
tell us why you are applying for this job and why you think you’d be a good fit for tapptitude in the body of the email.